Saturday, April 21, 2012

3 Month Countdown

On Saturday, July 21st 2012 - exactly 3 months from today - I will be no longer be Erin Therese Farfaglia, but Erin Farfaglia Moore.  (Yes, I'm changing my name and dropping my middle name, but I'll perhaps go into the rationale and funny story behind my middle name in another post.)  I will be married to the love of my life who knows and understands me more than I thought possible.  It's ridiculously exciting and I am just about bursting with happiness - I'm like a constant "Squeeee!" factory right now - but before I get there I have a few other things to get through first.  And it's daunting.  Scary in fact.  And I'm not one to get easily scared, despite the myriad of paranormal television shows I, for some reason, find amusing.  (My Friday nights aren't complete unless I've seen Zac Bagins screaming his head off at some ghosts)  Anxious, sure.  Panicky, yeah that, too.  Over-reactive, oh you betcha.  But really and truly flat out scared?  Not typical for me. 

I've never really been much of a journal keeper - owner of many, completer of few.  If anything, my writing impulses are few and far between at best, coming only in times of great teen angst, college and quasi-adult drama, or the quarter-life crisis that ensued after working retail for a year after receiving my MAT for music education.  The need to jot down and organize my thoughts only happens when there's too much clutter in my head for me to sort through on my own.  Only child that I am, I am quite good at carrying on a full conversation with myself (or my ever tolerant and patient bulldog, Zeke) but that only helps so much.  Which brings me to the present:  I haven't had much need to really "journal" in the past few years - life has been relatively stable, and for that I am tremendously thankful. 

My adorabla baby, Zeke!
Now, however, things are in a bit of upheaval.  Actually, quite a bit of upheaval to be honest.  All of it good, really.  Compared to many people I know, I have very little about which I can complain.  The big things looking me in the eye right now are logistical problems - things that will require a little extra juggling and flexibility on my part.  Luckily, if there's one thing I've learned in my 7 years of teaching (holy crap, I've been a teacher for 7 years.  Weird.)  it's "Roll with it."  Things come up unexpectedly and if you get your panties in a wad over every little bump in the road your life will be miserable.  So, I'm rolling.  But, in rolling, I'm finding that I need an outlet.  I don't even really care if anyone really reads this - I need to sort out my thoughts because they each seem to want their fair say right now.  I started writing more details, but quickly realized that my propensity overwriting was making this a novella instead of a blog (Who has two thumbs and always had papers over the required length in high school and college?  This kid.)  From my limited understanding of both technology and blogs, I get the impression that this is a bad idea.  So, perhaps I'll actually write a few separate entries.  Oh, and since Kevin is the tech guru in this relationship, don't expect anything flashy.  I'm pretty proud I was able to successfully upload the above pic of Zeke.  Well, at least it looks like it uploaded successfully....? 

So, if you stumbled upon this, or are a friend/colleague just trying to kill a few minutes online sometime and decide to read this, let's see where this goes.  Ghost Adventures on Saturday nights is all reruns anyways, so this seemed like a good and somewhat productive/creative use of my time.  Probably kills fewer brain cells than watching GA at least. 

2 comments:

  1. I only recently learned how to do bloggy things through a class project my students did here, in Seattle--they're pretty cool. As you know, I recently went through a similar, crazy, everything-changes event. I kept a personal journal, which was really helpful, but a blog would have been more fun. Good luck with keeping up with it. I look forward to learning about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to keep a blog at the beginning of the wedding planning process, too! I didn't keep it up as much but when I did, it was a nice release. :) I hope it works well for you. Plus, I love the pic of Zeke! If you need anything (vent or what not), hit me up on the West Coast. Take care!

    ReplyDelete